Dr.Susan Jacob BSc. Engg, ME(PH), MBA. Ph.D
- Ph.D in Civil Engineering (Environmental Engineering) at Karpagam University, Coimbatore (2012-2016).
- MBA (Financial Management) from Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi in 2005.
- ME in Environmental Engineering(erstwhile Public Health Engineering) from All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Calcutta University in 1990.
- Sc (Civil Engineering) from MA College of Engineering, Kothamangalam, University of Kerala in 1978.
- Two Year and 10 months from November 01, 2012 to August 31st 2015 as the Professor and Head, Department of Civil Engineering, Mar Baselios Christian College of Engineering & Technology, Kuttikanam, Peermade.
- 4 months experience from December 2015 to March 2015 as the Professor and Head, Department of Civil Engineering at Indira Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women, Nellikuzhi.
Water Resources Engineering (S6Civil),
Airport Engineering (S6 Civil- Elective),
Environmental Engineering-I (S7 Civil),
Environmental Engineering-II (S8 Civil),
In charge of Seminar and in house projects for 7th and 8th Semesters for B. Tech students and M. Tech students of both M.G University and Kerala Technological University.
- 32 Years of rich technical experience in Planning, Design, Execution & Management and Operation & Maintenance of Water Supply and Sewerage Projects, Training Junior Engineers and Managerial level Engineers.
Smt. Susan Jacob, the former Managing Director and Technical Member of Kerala Water Authority, Government of Kerala was joined the service as Assistant Engineer in 1980. She was promoted as Assistant Executive Engineer in 1984 and further promotions as Executive Engineer in 1998, Superintending Engineer in 2003, and Chief Engineer in 2005.
Nominated as the Managing Director of Kerala Water Authority in 2009- 2010 period and appointed as the Technical Member of Water Authority Board in 2010. Retired from service on superannuation on 31st October 2012.
Smt. Susan Jacob a, technically accomplished professional with over 3 decades rich experience in Investigation, Planning, Design, Project Management, Operation & Maintenance, Administration and Training Engineers in Kerala Water Authority (KWA), India. An astute manager with a flair for adopting modern methodologies, systems in compliance with quality standards. Superior record of swiftly ramping up projects with competent cross-functional skills and on time execution. An enterprising leader with excellent analytical, problem solving and man management skills. An expert trainer with higher conceptual levels, more adaptive, flexible and having deep subject knowledge.
She has got several Paper Publications in National and International Level periodicals and Journals at her credit. She attended many International and National level meetings, training programs and awarded the WHO Fellowships in 1995. A recipient of many appreciation letters and certificates from Government and she got memberships in many Professional Associations.
- “Rain Water Harvesting, VARSHA – a success story”, Publication of Planning and Economic Affairs Department, Government of Kerala.2005.
- “Varsha, Showers of blessing”,Rain Water Harvesting Design and maintenance, KERALA CALLING, May 2006, Information and Public Relations Department, Government of Kerala.
- “Infrastructure for Urban Water Supply and Sewage Disposal In Kerala Present and future”, Journal of Indian Plumping Association (IPA), the paper received the best paper award for 2012.
- “Analysis of Persistent Pesticide Residue in the Water Samples of Idukki District, the Indian Cardamom Hills.” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology , July 2014.
- “Effect of Pesticides Application in Soils of Cardamom Hills in Idukki, Kerala.” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, October 2014.
- “Environmental Pollution due to Pesticide Application in Cardamom Hills of Idukki, District, Kerala, India” Journal of Energy Research and Environmental Technology (JERET), November 2014.
- “Study and prediction of persistent organochlorine and organophosphorous pesticide residue in soils of cardamom plantations in Idukki district (India)” IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology. January 2015.
Papers Presented in the National Level Meetings
- Paper Presented in the National Workshop on Service Level Benchmarking Results “Towards improving Service outcomes” at New Delhi in December 2009 Organized by Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India.
- Paper presented on “Infrastructure for Urban Water Supply and Sewerage in Kerala Present and Future” a seminar organized by Indian Plumping Association (IPA) in January 2012.
- Attended “International World Water Summit” held at Bangalore in February 2012 organized by Centre for Sustainable Development and Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India.
- Attended Workshop on “Sustainable Urban Habitat” at New Delhi Organized by Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India in February 2012.
- Attended International Conference on waste management for Sustainable Development (ICWMSD) CED, NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad and presented paper on Protocols in Sampling and Analysis of Pesticide Residue in Soil and Water” March 2014.
- Attended Karpagam University Annual Research Congress (KUARC) 2014 and presented paper on “Environmental Pollution due to Pesticide Application in Cardamom Hills of Idukki, District with specific reference to IDW Interpolation and Mapping” in December 2014.
- International Conference on Chemical, Environmental, Bioprocess, Textile, Mining Material and Metallurgical Engineering” (CEBTME-2014), Organized by Krishi Sanskrithi, at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and presented paper on “Environmental Pollution due to Pesticide Application in Cardamom Hills of Idukki, District, Kerala, India” in January 2015.
International Training Programs
- Attended International Seminar on Integrated Water Management at Murdoch University , Perth, Western Australia from 2nd February to 5th February 2011.
- Attended the Policy Round Table for Kerala Government officials on Urban Governance and Management Partnership Programme on 2nd to 8th May 2010 at Singapore.
- Attended the WHO Fellowships at IRC, The International Water and Sanitation Centre, The Hague, Netherlands in 1995.
National Training Programs
- Attended TEQIP II Sponsored Short Term Training Programme on Environmental Forensics in July 2014 at NIT, Calicut.
- Attended Training on Disposal of Liquid Waste Management at Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi in August 2012.
- Workshop on Making City Development Strategies Work: National and Global Experiences at ASCI, Hyderabad, India in 2008.
- Attended the Continuing education programme on Urban Drainage Management – State of the Art conducted by IIT, Bombay in July 2005.
- Attended the training course on New Development in Water Treatment sponsored by CPHEEO, Gov. Of India conducted by All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Calcutta in 2004.
- Training programme on Urban Community Water Supply and Sanitation organised by Human Settlement Management Institute, New Delhi July-August 2000.
- Metro Water Distribution: Measurement and Control Technique conducted by Fluid Control Research Institute, Kerala (a Government of India Project with UNDP Assistance).
- Workshop on Management Information System on Water Supply & Sanitation conducted by UNICEF, Chennai in 1995.
- Attended and successfully completed training course on Public Health Engineering Structures at Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board, Chennai, in 1993.
- Member, Board of Studies in Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala to deal with all academic matters for the UGC sponsored B.Sc Geology – Water Management Course.
- Member of the Committee consisting of State Secretaries and Technical officers from states for formulation of the 12th Five Year plan of Government of India on Rural Water Supply and Sanitation.
- Member of the Pipe Selection Committee Constituted by Government of India.
- Served as the Convener and Technical Expert Member of Ernakulam District Technical Committee for Decentralised Planning programs in 2000-2004.
- Conducted various Training Programs on Water and Sanitation and Total Quality Management (TQM) for Field Staff & top management up to Chief Engineers. These Programs were sponsored by Central Public Health Engineering and Environmental Organization, Water Resources Dept, Govt of India, New Delhi.
- Member of Various Technical and Administrative State Level Committees; Advisor of the Change Management Program in Kerala Water Authority under the Japan Bank for International Co-operation, Kerala Project.
- Recipient of the following commendations from management in recognition of excellent performance:
- Certificate from Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India for participating in the National Level Workshop” Towards improving service outcomes”.
- Certificate of Appreciation from Technical Member, Kerala Water Authority for contributions in Water Quality Monitoring Program of Rural & Urban Water Supply Schemes in Kerala.
- Certificates of Appreciation from the Chairman & Managing Director, Kerala Water Authority in recognition of the outstanding and dedicated support, technical capabilities and contributions to the progress of the organisation.
- Certificates of Appreciation from the Chief Engineer, Investigation Planning and Design, Kerala Water Authority for the dedicated efforts with regard to the OECF appraisal mission for the Water Supply Projects in Kerala.
- Appreciation Letter from the Managing Director, Kerala Water Authority for the successful implementation of “VARSHA” Rain Water Harvesting Project.
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) (F – 017441-2).
- Life Member of Indian Water Works Association (LM-3002).
- Life Member of the Indian Association for Environmental Management, NEERI, Nagpur (LM-1120).
- Fellow of the Institution of Public Health Engineers, India (F-270).
- Life Member of the Association of Public Health Engineers, Kerala (LM-306).