THE SOLUTION ADOPTED TO CLEAN THE HOUSES WHICH WAS COVERED WITH DIRT AS A
RESULT OF THE FLOOD
Kerala has faced its most devastating floods after the great floods of 1924.The floods left behind huge piles of mud and slurries in human habitable regions. Manual cleaning of this mess was time consuming and lead to the widespread outbreak of contagious disease. Hence it was necessary to develop a new machine which could serve the cleaning purpose with minimized human efforts.
‘Shuchitwa’ was born out of this necessity. The machine is manually operated to cut the mud and sand deposits into a conveyer belt which in turn transports it into a collecting tray provided to it. A mop is also attached to the back of the machine to clean the floor from residues left behind by the cutting blades.
- Automation completely eradicating the need for human intervention.
- Flexibility to adapt to different cleaning operations at different sites.
- Centrifugal dust collecting technology.
- Introduction of lightweight materials.
- Advanced bleeding edge technology for cutting blades.