CARMEL COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Knowledge Centre @ Carmel
Information is a human idea and thought. A human is the only living entity who possesses the knowledge and transmits it to the next generation. Necessity creates invention. When there is a need in the Society, then it created research and investigation. New ideas, new concepts and new facts also come in human mind, this is called information. In other word when the things and ideas interact b/w the knower and the knowee , the Information “ arises” various persons have defined the information which is as below:
The Word Information is used to define various meanings such as Knowledge, Information, Telling Understanding, Message and data etc. The libraries or Information centers are mostly concerned with the published information contained in the form of books or microfilms and magnetic devices etc.
The Central Library of Carmel College of Engineering and Technology(Knowledge Centre @ Carmel), was established in the year 2014, to support the educational mission of the college and fulfill the information needs of diverse user communities. It aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents useful for Researchers, the faculty and the student community. It is fully automated with a rich collection of books National and International Journals, Technical and other Magazines, CD ROMs on engineering, other widely appreciated editions on diverse subjects like Literature,Management,Religion etc.It follows open access systems, Bar code based circulation process and OPAC literature Search.
CCET, Library provides on line access to a large number of full text journal database from various publishers. These journals access has been activated only on the IP’s
Membership of the Library is open to students, Teachers and Non teaching staff of this College:, Library membership is free to all faculty, Staff and Students.
Documents are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme and Catalogued according to Anglo American Cataloguing rules II with local modifications.
Books are categorized into 12 categories and also Reference Books
6 Computer Science
10 Managerial Economics
12 Career Guidance
Total collection of library as on 15th December 2016 stands as follows
Our Library Facility
Gate register, Property Counter, Newpaper reading Section
Circulation Section Counter
Online resources and Print Journals
Fully automated library with Library Software Grandha
CD ROMs Collection
SDI and CAS Services
Access through Ramp for the Disabled Persons
Library Working Hours
|Monday to Friday||8.30 am to 6.00 pm.|
|Saturday||8.30 am to 4 pm.|
Sunday and all public holidays are Library Holidays.
Details of Library Cards, Loan period and fine.
|Sl. No||Category||No. of Cards||Loan period|
|4||Loss of Books on Reporting||Replace with a new copy of the same book with fine as per the above till the book is replaced or a fine 03 times the cost of book with fine as per the above till the date of reporting the loss of books.|
LIBRARY RULES FOR STRICT COMPLIANCE
USERS ARE TO,
- sign the gate register before entering the Library.
- keep perfect silence in the Library.
- wear identity cards while entering the library.
- take special care to keep the library neat and clean.
USERS ARE NOT TO,
- take personal belongings inside the library.
- use any kind of Electronic devices.
- bring any kind of edible inside the library.
- bring any kind of printed material inside the library.
- re – enter the library after the issue of books.
- Minimum lending period of books is 15 days for students and 30 days for faculty. After the due date, the users will have to pay a fine of Rs 1. per day for the first 10 days and Rs 5. for the rest of the days.
- Journals, bound volumes, magazines, theses, reference books, electronic media, damaged or worn out books etc. Will not be issued.
- In case of loss of books and mutilation of the books, the borrower will be liable to pay the double amount of the current price of the books.
- Books can be renewed only once.
Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.