Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
An electrical engineer is someone who designs and develops new electrical equipment, solves problems and tests equipment. They work with all kinds of electronic devices, from the smallest pocket devices to large supercomputers.
Electrical engineering deals with electricity, electro-magnetism and electronics. It also covers power, control systems, telecommunications and computer-engineeringsignal processing. These engineers are usually concerned with large-scale electrical systems such as motor control and power transmission, as well as utilizing electricity to transmit energy. Electrical engineers may work on a diverse range of technologies, from the design of household appliances, lighting and wiring of buildings, telecommunication systems, electrical power stations and satellite communications. They may plan their designs using computer-aided software or they may also sketch ideas by hand
Moulding globally competent Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Innovators, and Entrepreneurs with Integrity, commitment and human values and thereby contribute to the society.
To offer good quality Education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, preparing them for employment, entrepreneurial practices and competitive exams for higher education. To inculcate moral and ethical human values among the faculty and student. To immunize the students with experience and knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronics to contribute in the making of professional leaders. To enrich the students with scientific principles and insight, so as to apply their talents for Socio-economic development.
ELEGENDS is the student's association of EEE Department formed under the guidance of HoD and staff of the department . The association was formally inaugurated on 24th of August, 2017 by Er.C.P.George (Deputy Chief Engineer, KSEB). It focuses mainly on enhancing the engineering skills, soft skills and the overall development of the students. The association aims to give immense opportunities for the students to create awareness about electrical energy conservation and its significance in society, and to develop new technologies in the field of robotics and automation. The activities of ELEGENDS are organized with a vision to enable the students to understand the practical aspects of energy and how to use them in appropriate and judicious manner.
- President : Akhil M (S8 EEE)
- Secretary : Rini Johny (S8 EEE)
- Joint Secretary : Dhrishya Madhu (S6 EEE )
- Treasurer : Azad P V (S8 EEE )
- Staff coordinators : Shalu V Thampy ( Asst Professor), Geethu Krishnan ( Asst Professor )
Office Bearers of ELEGENDS :
65 % of Final year students of EEE got placement and 89% students got offers from different companies.
Mr. Akhil M got highest CGPA of 9.9 in S5 B.Tech Degree Examination
The recent activities of ELEGENDS
- SPARKZ 2K18 - An expo in coordination with Kerala State Electricity Board about the equipments and machinery used for power generation, transmission and distribution.
- Technical talk on Energy Management by Er. C.P.George, Dy. Chief Engg KSEB
- The association also contributed towards the conduct of SPARKZ 2K17, a common platform for young innovators by organizing an expo in coordination with Kerala State Electricity Board showcasing the equipment’s and machinery used for power generation, transmission and distribution on 27/10/2017.
- A Workshop on PCB Development was workshop-was conducted by, Sri. Sajith Kumar on 7/4/2018, students were given exposure on how the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) mechanically supports and electrically connects different electronic and electrical components. Hands on training were provided for students about soldering procedures involved in PCB designing
- Short term course on NBA Accreditation jointly organised with Dept of CE & ME on 28-30 June 2018
- On Engineers Day (15th of 09/2018),the chief guest “ Mr. Abey Esow Joseph( Co chair membership development IEEE Kerala Section) gave the detailed idea regarding IEEE for students, thereby taking the first step toward IEEE
- The first edition of EEE Department Newsletter “ECHO (the voice of EEE)” was released by Very Rev Fr. Mathew Arekalam CMI
- A technical quiz “Vigyan” was conducted for the students of EEE Department after which there was a paper presentation event on New and Emerging Technologies in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- GENESIS 2K18 ended with a technical talk about academic project planning and implementation by the staff of EEE department.
- 14th March 20198- District Level Seminar Presentation Jointly organized by KSEB Engineers Association, IEEE Students Chapter, Dept of EEE, CCET
Research & Consultancy wing:Testing of Electrical equipment Clients: Grama panchayaths / Electrical Equipment manufactures etc.
Name : Digi WireFunded by : Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment
Sanctioned Amout :Rs. 4,90,000/-
Industry Institute Interaction:
The Department is actively interacts with reputed Industries and Organizations on academic and research activities in the form of students projects, student/faculty visits, internships, practical training and MoUs among others. Students benefit from an exposure to research and professional environments at other organizations
List of MoUs signed/submitted with various companies viz. 1. Black Qubes Alappuzha (Electronics, LED Bulbs & IoT) 2. Sakthi Power Innovatives Alappuzha (ISO 9001: 2005 Certified Company) 3. Dhanush LtdMEP (Electrical Skill Development Consultancy ) & 4. Alind Switchgear Ltd, Mannar (Public Ltd Company)- Proposal Submitted
List of Recent Paper Publication in International Journals:
Sarath K S
- November 2018- “Modeling and optimal design of LLC resonant converter using whale optimization algorithm” at International Journal of Modeling, Simulation, and Scientific Computing Year:2018
- August 2018 –“Algorithmic Analysis on Whale Optimization for modelling LLC Resonant converter” accepted for the publication in IEEE Xplore
- July 2018 - “ An Isolated LLC resonant converter with wide line regulation for DC sources” published in the International Journal Advanced Research in Dynamical and control system
SAVE ELECTRICITY - PEACE BE AMPLIFIED AND WORLD BE RECTIFIED
First and Second Semester
Seventh Semester(Kerala Univeristy)
Eighth Semester ( Kerala University )
SARATH K S
Head of the Department
SHANI S J
SIJO V CHACKO
RAKESH KUMAR R